Wednesday 28 January 2015

We Become by Fenton Lutunatabua


10 Things I know about fights.


1. I know that when you fight, you implode and explode all at once and suddenly, your frustration becomes the hand that points the finger.


2. I know that when you fight, your soul leaves your body and snatches your spine and your feet in its jaws. 


3. I know that when you fight, your nose recognises the familiar stench of your own fear when you realise that finding similarities in your differences isn't as easy as you had hoped.


4. I know that when you fight, your eyes frown as your closed fists reach up to the clouds to wring them out like rain, and that sweet nectar of emptiness, doesn't taste as good as your eyes thought it would.


5. I know that when you fight, the sound of your brows crumbling deceives you, and becomes the sweetest melody my heart has ever danced to.


6. I know that when you fight, your feet walk away and your mouth cringes at the sour taste of footsteps your lips inhale.


7. I know that when you fight,  you scratch that itch in your heart you shouldn't, and a septic truth bleeds towards the inevitable blurred clarity.


8. I know that when you fight, as much as you want to turn back, whisper into the air and snatch back your shifting thoughts, its too late, your mind has a heart of its own.


9. I know that when you fight, you hang suspended and all your words feel as ugly as the taste of the stench that your eyes can hear.


10. I know that when you fight, we improvise, we adapt, we overcome and we become!

No comments:

Post a Comment