Monday 23 February 2015

Creativity- The Double Edged Sword!


My work requires a bit of creativity. I'm blessed I can say that. Not a lot of people can.

In fact when it comes to general work in Fiji, not a lot of people are able to enjoy the luxury of tapping into their creative side. 

This year, I made it a point to bring forward in my consciousness, a greater sense of realisation around this double edged sword.

While being allowed to explore creativity is a blessing, it can also be a curse.

Talk to anyone who works with creative expression and you'll realise that all trains of thought- around creativity- lead to a station where 'the process' is not only respected, but encouraged, and furthermore, time is never an issue. 

You do you, however long that takes, you.do.you. CREATE!

Therein lies the dilemma.

While there should always be space for creative energy and the need to start where you are, use what you have and do what you can, there also needs to be  the acknowledgement of deadlines, managers demands, and other work styles.

Surely they can co- exist right? Prioritising space and time for the creative flow of energy, as well as prioritising self discipline in order to stick to deadlines, they can both exist right? 

I hope so!

I've made 2015 about setting goals, reaching them, then repeating. 

This year, I've made a commitment to responsibly facilitate the nourishment of my creative energy, whilst also respecting time bound commitments and the 'process of creation' of those around me. 

This way, its not only about me, but about us. Its about how I can enhance my truth, whilst acknowledging and honouring yours!

How do you find your balance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment